Skyline Queenstown is an award winning tourist attraction, featuring a fantastic restaurant, event and conference facilities, the iconic Luge ride, and Gondola access to mountain biking trails and the spectacular much photographed view of Queenstown, the Remarkables and Lake Wakatipu. Our Function spaces have the flexibility to cater for a variety of events, from an intimate dinner for 10 to a gala dinner for up to 500 people or a cocktail function for up to 650.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity to be a key member of the Events/Operations management team and play a crucial role in the successful development and delivery of the company’s calendar of over 160 events annually.
- Plan and manage all events from proposal to execution
- Deliver events on time, within budget that meet and exceed expectations
- Take ownership of the day to day staff management including recruitment, providing leadership, motivation, direction and support to the team
- Ensure excellent customer service and quality delivery, making service excellence a priority through training and development
- Manage and develop supplier and third party contractor relationships
- Work to budgets for staffing/equipment/wastage
- Maintain positive relationships with all venue departments, ensuring communication and feedback between the team (sales/operations/chefs)
- You will be passionate about food and delivering top quality service
- You will have recent experience of working within a similar event focused business at an operational level
- You will have the ability to build and monitor processes which are consistently beneficial to the business
- Excellent event management experience in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years
- High standards and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of budgets, P&L and revenue management
- Flexible with working hours according to the event schedules.
In return we offer competitive rates of pay, great staff benefits including meals, spectacular views and a unique working environment within this progressive company.