Skyline is Queenstown’s largest custom-built conference & events venue. Skyline has the flexibility to cater for in intimate dinner for 10, a gala dinner for up to 500 people, a cocktail function for up to 650 or a full complex closure for up to 900 people.
We are seeking an experienced Conference & Event Coordinator to play a key support role in both small and large-scale events across the Skyline complex. You will be passionate about top-notch hospitality and be a master multi-tasker, planning everything from weddings to large expos, from conception to clean up.
You will meet with clients to work out event details, plan with the client and their team, coordinate food and beverage, services, staff and special needs. You will work to budgets and keep track of client invoices, and generally make sure the event is set up to run smoothly, efficiently and then seek client post-event feedback.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Extremely detail-oriented and exceptional organizational skills
- Works gracefully under pressure and deadlines--must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Gregarious and approachable personality that works easily with internal and external partners
- Good negotiation skills; resourceful and solutions oriented
- Positive, 'can do' attitude; no job is too big or too small
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and leverage cross-department resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, fast-paced team
- Must be willing to work flexible and occasional long hours dependent upon the event schedules
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in conference, functions or hospitality industries;
- A degree in Events Management or other relevant degree;
- Proven experience in assisting onsite in the operational delivery of events and conferences
- Proficient use of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, mail merges; email and web applications;
- Accounts payable, receivable and reconciliation experience;
We offer a working environment where safety is a high priority. All candidates must agree to comply with the company's health and safety procedures which includes random drug and alcohol testing.