Skyline Enterprises is a pioneering New Zealand company that owns and operates a diverse range of businesses: gondola, luge and related food and beverage operations; international luge operations, adventure, aviation and marine activities, casino and entertainment operations, accommodation businesses and ownership and rental of Queenstown commercial properties. Established in 1966, Skyline Enterprises is based in Queenstown with operations throughout New Zealand and internationally in Canada, Singapore and South Korea.
Reporting directly to the Property Manager, the Building Manager will assist in managing our central Queenstown commercial and residential property interests. This is a varied role where daily tasks may include (but would not be limited to) dealing with building maintenance issues, ensuring building compliance, answering queries from tenants or the general public and meeting contractors to discuss repairs.
The ability to support tenants and stakeholders with thorough and transparent communication skills, along with strategic project and maintenance management of the physical buildings themselves is of utmost importance. You will build genuine relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create a long-lasting rapport between Skyline and our tenant base, whilst also being practical and eager to get hands-on when needed in order to complete tasks and achieve desired outcomes.
Ideal candidates will have:
- The means to multi-task and prioritise workload, especially during busy periods
- An ability to learn quickly, to ‘think on your feet’ and adapt to situations as they present themselves in order to reach prompt resolutions.
- Exceptional communication, administration and organisational skills
- A keen eye for detail and a problem-solving mindset
- A natural ability to build and foster lasting relationships
- A willingness to progress and identify learning opportunities
- The ability to approach maintenance issues with a logical and investigative mindset, where a base understanding of maintenance problems allows you to collaborate with contractors to develop logical plans with efficient and pragmatic conclusions.
- A good level of IT literacy, including Office 365 and Outlook.
- A minimum of 2 years working in property management
- A full and clean New Zealand driving licence.
Previous experience in commercial property management is essential. Management of residential entities would also be beneficial for this role, along with a working understanding of current New Zealand Health & Safety regulations. You should have solid references to back up your experience and a proven track record of meeting operational targets.
In return, Skyline offer a competitive remuneration package along with Skyline Group benefits. So, if the above sounds like you, and you are keen to take your next career step, then please apply with a CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.